Advancing ALTELLA Briefs
- Brief No. 1: Augmentative and Alternative Communication Device Considerations for Multilingual Learners with Significant Cognitive Disabilities
Advancing ALTELLA Teaching Tools
Advancing ALTELLA Snapshots
- Advancing ALTELLA Snapshot: Get to Know Steve Elliott
- Advancing ALTELLA Snapshot: Get to Know Phoebe Winter
Other Advancing ALTELLA Resources
- Q&As with Advancing ALTELLA Experts
- Sheri Wells-Jensen: Multilingual Learners who are Blind/Visually Impaired (pdf)
- Stephanie Cawthon: Multilingual Learners who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing (pdf)
- Vitaliy Shyyan: Universal Design and Accessibility (pdf)
- The Advancing ALTELLA flyer in English (pdf) and the Advancing ALTELLA flyer in Spanish (pdf) offer a single-page snapshot of the project. Print or download the flyers to share with colleagues and friends.
- The ALTELLA project lays the foundation for the Advancing ALTELLA project. Rely on ALTELLA for research-based resources about English language proficiency assessment and learning for multilingual students with cognitive disabilities.
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs is a WIDA assessment administered to students in Grades 1-12 who are identified as ELLs with the most significant cognitive disabilities.
- The Advancing ALTELLA News Release contains the official project announcement and project details.
Advancing ALTELLA Activity Projects
Have fun while you learn about the project by downloading and printing:
- Advancing ALTELLA coloring book (pdf)
- Advancing ALTELLA paper dolls (pdf)
- Advancing ALTELLA word puzzles (pdf)
- Advancing ALTELLA folding paper projects (pdf)
- Advancing ALTELLA photo props (pdf)
Looking for resources from the initial ALTELLA project? Head over to the ALTELLA website to find research reports, briefs, and tools.